Friday, April 07, 2006

My Own Archive

From here on out, this site will be devoted to my own newspaper stories from my experiences at the Contra Costa Times, a daily paper in the suburbs of the San Francisco Bay Area. Why? Because I can. This will become my own archive.

I started my career there in August 1995 as a part-time sports writer; by the time I had finished, in early 2004, I had become a general assignment reporter and had written more than 1,800 articles.

I am proud to have written about everything from airport security and city politics to the county’s last almond farm and the strange battle over Barry Bonds’ record 73rd home run ball. Crazy stuff. As Lula says so eloquently in “Wild at Heart,” by David Lynch, “This whole world’s wild at heart with weird on top.”

I couldn’t agree more. In any case, I’ll start posting these articles in the days ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home